The election is so last week. We’ve moved on to the fiscal cliff and preparing for the next Congressional session. AARP’s looking for a smart, savvy social/digital media strategist to help us make sure that Social Security and Medicare are strong for today’s retirees and generations to come.
So, if you just finished winning [insert candidate]’s race, pull yourself off your celebratory beach vacation and apply to join one of the best social teams inside the Beltway.
Must be able to:
- Wow us with a strategic social media campaign that you directed that achieved your goals.
- Build online campaigns that drive offline action.
- Our team specializes in going rogue. We’re looking for someone that shares our entrepreneurial spirit to try new things, break molds and generally #GSD.
- Map social influencers and develop strategic social campaigns to reach key audiences.
- Manage vendor relationships.
Bonus points if:
- Your geeky tendencies involve data, anayltics, and coding.
- You herd cats well. We’ve got a lot of people to teach, collaborate and coordinate with and persuade. Your experience dealing with crazy campaign volunteers will help.
- You want to be based in the DC metro area.
- You have experience in communications or advocacy, particularly working in the White House, on The Hill or in a high profile public relations position.
- Experience being an on the record spokesperson.
- proficient in Convio and/or database integration
You can get a sense of our team here on our Facebook album.
Sound up your alley? Shoot me a note and your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tammy Gordon, Director of AARP Social Communications & Strategy