AARP’s membership is aged 50+, but we work on issues that matter to all families.
Be warned: You will not hone your coffee-making skills at AARP (but maybe coffee drinking ones.) You’ll be part of a social media team that is entrepreneurial, creative and quirky. We appreciate nerdiness, memes and we inhale media like we’re drinking it out of a fire hose.
Applicants must have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, exercise initiative, maintain a positive attitude, and be available to work a minimum of 20 hours a week with our awesome social media team at our office in Chinatown/Penn Quarter. Intern candidates must also meet the following requirements:
- Actively attending an accredited college/university.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Provide a recommendation letter from a professor.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Skills You’ll Need:
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Managing multiple, varying tasks
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Deadline driven
- Monitoring blogs, news outlets, etc.
- Active and responsible social media profiles
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and their strategic use
Because you’ll be:
- Combing blogs, news outlets, think tanks and research groups for story ideas
- Monitoring social media platforms for content
- Answering questions about and troubleshooting WordPress functionality
- Aiding in analytics reporting
- Aiding in social marketing campaigns
- Aiding in the social, paid and earned promotion of AARP Media content
- Writing posts and engaging with Facebook fans and Twitter followers
If you think you can hang, email Alejandra Owens email@example.com with a resume and tell us why you want to join the team!