Are you: a born and bred public speaker, a networker at heart, patient with the proven ability to impart your social media wisdom to groups of all types and a total self-starter?
If so, AARP Social Communications is in need of your skills, now! We are hiring a full-time Social Communications Manager who will head up, lay the foundation for and run AARP’s social training program. So if you know the ins and outs of WordPress, can talk us through a click-by-click promoted Twitter campaign over the phone and have a portfolio of kick butt Prezis on Facebook advertising campaigns this just might be the gig for you.
You must apply for the job here but also send your resume to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve as the organization’s primary social media trainer. Develop and execute scalable, enterprise wide social communications and blog curriculum and training program for AARP staff, volunteers and members on platforms including (but not limited to) Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Yammer, and Spredfast (or other tracking platform). Must be able to present trainings in person (travel to state offices periodically), via Livestream or webinar.
- Identify training modules, tracking platforms and influencer measurement tools to effectively reach the organization’s targeted audiences and protect/enhance the AARP brand.
- Working with colleagues across the Association, troubleshoot member service and response issues AARP social platforms.
- Develop relationships with platform experts and representatives to ensure close coordination of any changes and /or updates that need to be communicated to AARP social communications and blog teams.
- Maintain high credibility with colleagues in Integrated Communications and clients throughout the association and be adept at building teams across disciplines to achieve goals.
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with designated business units and peers across the organization.
- Follow AARP Social Communications Guidelines and serve as an example of best practices in social and digital community engagement.
- Make recommendations to the Director„ Social Communications & Strategy for new platforms or tools to achieve AARP’s goals.
- Work closely with IC departments to ensure that project deliverables meet client needs and deadlines are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree, (advanced degree preferred) in marketing communications/public relations or a related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in working on social and/or website/blog platforms.
- Previous education or field organizing experience preffered.
- Demonstrate a understanding of prioritization and management of multiple organizational projects.
- Possess strong client service orientation and account management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of, and ability to work within, organizational politics, networks, and a matrix management system.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (e.g. listening, negotiating, facilitating, managing conflict, flexibility, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge and understanding of social communications platforms, HTML, blogs, microblogs, mobile, user-generated sites, tracking and analysis platforms etc.
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication skills for trainings and presentations.
Click here for more information about the position.